This Week's Episode - 6/3/18
- Overview: 0:52
- Scripture (2 Corinthians 4:5-12): 2:20
- Interview with Craig Werner: 4:17
- Word for the Week: 37:50
- Prayers: 47:21
- Offering: 51:16
- Sending 53:06
- Total: 57:56
- Curtis Mayfield and The Impressions, "Move On Up" 0:00
- Miriam Makeba, "Ring Bell, Ring Bell" 0:33
- Curtis Mayfield, "Just A Little Bit of Love" 3:40
- Curtis Mayfield and The Impressions, "People Get Ready" 36:57
- Curtis Mayfield and The Impressions, "Amen" 50:21
- Curtis Mayfield, "Something To Believe In" 53:06
Mentioned in this episode (hang on tight)
- James H. Cone, The Spirituals and the Blues: An Interpretation
- Craig Werner, A Change Is Gonna Come: Music, Race And The Soul Of America
- Craig Werner, Higher Ground: Stevie Wonder, Aretha Franklin, Curtis Mayfield And The Rise and Fall of American Soul
- Mahalia Jackson, "I Will Move On Up A Little Higher"
- Stevie Wonder, "Higher Ground"
- "Nobody Knows The Trouble I’ve Seen"
- Bob Marley and the Wailers, "Redemption Song"
- James Baldwin, "Uses of the Blues"
- Five Blind Boys of Alabama
- Five Blind Boys of Mississippi
- Archie Brownlee
- C.L. Franklin
- Staple Singers, "Masters of War"
- Staple Singers, "Slippery People"
- Craig Werner, We Gotta Get Out Of This Place: The Soundtrack of the Vietnam War
- Anthony Heilbut, The Fan Who Knew Too Much: Aretha Franklin, the Rise of the Soap Opera, Children of the Gospel Church, and Other Meditations
- Curtis Mayfield, New World Order
- Kirk Franklin, "Lean On Me"
- James Baldwin, "Just Above My Head"
- Curtis Mayfield, "(Don’t Worry) If There's Hell Below, We're All Gonna Go"